And when in Phoenix and it's 115 outside ... find any place with air-conditioning and make it an afternoon adventure! Last summer, I spent a great deal of time in Costco's "frozen tundra." Then again, Howie was 6 months old and looking at boxed entrees in large quantities still had a bit of thrill to it. But this summer, Howie needs excitement, adventure, things that keep him on the edge of his seat. Howie needs .... BASS PRO SHOP!
Since I'm not exactly Mrs. Outdoors and my idea of camping includes a comfy bed, a hot shower and a mall within walking distance ... who knew places like this actually even existed. 150,000 square feet of OUTDOOR FUN including every single type of forest dwelling creature in a stuffed version!
(And yes ... if you're curious ... I was the only lady - amidst the hardcore HUNTING LOVING TYPES - who had a camera and documented the entire Bass Pro Shop experience. I think Ben was hoping that would cause me to take fewer pictures ... but it's not every day your child runs into a stuffed caribou, thinks it's a cow and MOOS!)

In the parking lot ... before the true adventure began!
Joshua and Mook are enjoying a look inside the aquarium.

Howie's first encounter with a stuffed, baby bear! He even growled! That's our nature boy!

Ben and Joshua practice their aim!

Joshua says good-bye to the fish after riding the elevator up and down and up and down again!
You'll have to come hang with us at Cabela's! It's very close to our house!
ReplyDeleteAll I have to say is future Baylor Bear in the making. I mean, if he's got the growl down already...sic 'em bears cannot be far off!
ReplyDelete