Sunday, December 23, 2007

Say Cheese!

I really wanted a picture with Joshua and Eli to send out for Christmas. I had high hopes that I could get just ONE picture of both children looking at me with no drool, no tears and perhaps ... a smile? Well, let's just say I have a whole new appreciation for anyone who has chosen to take photos of children as a profession. After a mere 15 minutes, I resorted to bribes of all sorts and was only slightly optimistic that Eli would make it out of the ordeal alive!

J How trying to make Eli one with the chair ...
Trying to make silly faces ...

"What ... you don't like my silly faces? Where are the treats I was promised?"

Eli is reaching up? Saying a prayer? Seeking deliverance from photos with Joshua??

And ... this is what we ended up with! The Costco man said I was thinking outside the box. (That was a compliment ... right?)

4 comments:

  1. His expression is fabulous. I still have a hard time getting my two to smile. Usually, someone is running away...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so much fun hearing Carrie's priceless reflections on these events..... and alal the more interesting since I was present at most of them!!!! In her teens Carrie was given the nickname of 'SockQueen'. Is it any surprise that JHow has that bent???

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite is the shower cap family portrait....a theme for next year's Christmas card?

    ReplyDelete