A few weeks ago, I was strolling through Costco, feeding my children their dinner out of plastic sample cups when ... Joshua started shouting, "A fountain! A fountain! I NEED that fountain at my house! Can I have that fountain at my house? PLEEEEE-ZZZZZ!!" To which I replied, "That is a cool fountain J How but I think we'll leave it here." To which he replied, "Okay. I'll call Cake (Ben's mom)." Ahh ... so young and so smart :) So for Easter ... the fountain magically arrived at our house ... THANKS, CAKE and PapPap!
The fountain is enjoying its new home amidst all the other primary colored plastic pieces that grace our front porch. It's the current favorite and why wouldn't it be??
With a working faucet ... it entertains young minds while we do our share for the environment (it recycles the water ... I think that offsets the fact that it's made out of plastic, right?)
The only downfall to this new toy is that it seems to evoke a sort of Pavlov type experience for Eli. Once his eyes behold the plastic wonder ... he looks as though he hasn't had liquid nourishment in weeks.
He feverishly hunts for any tool that will allow a drop of refreshing (and sometimes a tad old) water to hit his lips ... and while Joshua once thought this was a bit gross ...
Eli is pretty convincing ...
And so ... How took a leap of faith, deciding to pass on the use of extra utensils ...
And go straight to the source!
And since the temperature is rising, Eli will make certain that you are well taken care of if you decide to pop by. However, if I may offer a word to the wise ... he's not easily fooled by the "pretend sip." Give me a heads up and I'll put some fresh hose water in there for you!
Cheers!
this may help to 'cool' them off too! soon they will be getting in...
ReplyDelete