Tuesday Night Out. Our latest (and to date ... my most favorite) family tradition. I suppose I can "blame" the creation of TNO on my silly jaw. It's locked. It's been locked for 29 days (but who's counting). And by locked, I don't mean, it gets caught up ever so often ... nope. I mean, full on ... LOCKAGE. For 29 days, I have only been able to open my mouth 1/2 inch.
Because of my inability to eat anything that can't be squished up into a pint size piece, we have become frequent guests at our local Jamba Juice. And while we were there and I was perusing all things I could eat smooshed up in a blender ... I saw a sign for Buy One/Get One Free on Tuesday nights! And as you all know, I'm a sucker for a deal ... hence ... the beginning of TNO!

On this particular Tuesday, we started the evening off with a light swim. Thanks to Cake and Pap Pap, both boys now have Body Glove suits! And Ben didn't want to be left out ... so he threw on his own rash guard.

(This was J How in 2007 ... wearing
BG suit #1 ... giving us his cheesy smile!)

Eli, our little beached whale, has
zippo fear of the water. He blows bubbles and kicks like crazy!

J. How, on the other hand, is more calculated. He HATES water on his head and is a bit fearful (... um ... kicking and screaming fearful) that you're going to let him go which is SUPER FUN and a bit deafening! But some kind folks in
Mayberry, who saw us suffering (and probably wanted a little peace and quiet), gave us a tip: If you use the swim suit/vest with
floaties ... you are no longer as top heavy and swimming is super easy!

It just took a little convincing ... and he was OFF! On his own. Swimming without help! I'm not going to lie. The "Mom, don't let me go" showed that the kid needed me around (it was loud and it would have been more pleasant if it wasn't accompanied with SHRIEKING) but still ... he was clinging to his mom. When that quickly changed to, "Look at me. I don't need you to help!" ... there was a little
smidge of my heart that felt crushed! But at the same time, I was thrilled to witness his new accomplishment and found it maybe even more special to watch him from a distance and be his cheerleader!

Me and the boys ...

And one more of our little swimmer.

And to top off the evening ... you got it ...
Jamba Juice, aka ... My Blended Dinner :) We sipped our juicy treat all the way to Polar Ice where we watched little kids play "
hogg-
eee" until we froze our feet off and headed back out to the heat!
29 days--can't someone do something?!
ReplyDeleteWishing you a speedy recovery and lots of good food when you can eat again!
Very fun! I think we need to instill TNO. Hmm...thank goodness I don't have the same need for it as you do though! How could you go wrong with Jamba? Oh, and totally jealous of your big water slide/pool. I think I am in need of some cool points.
ReplyDeleteI have a blender ... get your tush on up here!
ReplyDelete