And someone (who must be losing braincells from all the paint fumes) brought glitter to the table and was watching the extreme concentration on J How's face and admiring his patterned painting (one pink heart, one red heart) when an unnamed pant-less child attacked the glitter bottle. It's a good thing he's cute. (And even cuter when covered in sparkles!)Friday, February 12, 2010
Salt Dough Valentines.
It was a twelve step process. 6 for making the Valentines and another 6 for my recovery. I usually love a good project (and this was really no different) but this time ... I involved another family member. A family member with little concern for things like cleanliness and order. I invited ELI BENNETT to join the making process and well ... this face should say it all:
If he wasn't trying to eat the salt dough ... he was shoving it in places that it didn't belong. And at my suggestion that he stick to making hearts he insisted on "ba-looga whales and doll-pins."
J How and I, on the other hand, see order as a positive thing. Keeping the dough on the cookies sheet. Using a rolling pin to achieve the correct thickness ... making HEARTS for Valentine's Day.
Thank goodness for the firstborn child :)
And one other thing ... EB is learning how to use the "big boy potty" (which really deserves a post of its own) ... but would it be enough for me to say that he's a free spirit and with that ... pants are generally considered optional attire.
How and "Buns" watching the hearts (and whales and trains) bake ...
And then ... to the decorations. Ahh ... Eli Bennett and paint. I'm sure I'm not going to live as long now that the two of them have been introduced.
And someone (who must be losing braincells from all the paint fumes) brought glitter to the table and was watching the extreme concentration on J How's face and admiring his patterned painting (one pink heart, one red heart) when an unnamed pant-less child attacked the glitter bottle. It's a good thing he's cute. (And even cuter when covered in sparkles!)
Then ... the ribbon ...
And finally, the finished project.
And just between you and me ... some parent brought shamrock plates to the Valentine's Day party. I'm sure it wasn't me ... but if it was ... I'm going to say it was all in the name of advanced planning. Now they have something to use in March :)
And someone (who must be losing braincells from all the paint fumes) brought glitter to the table and was watching the extreme concentration on J How's face and admiring his patterned painting (one pink heart, one red heart) when an unnamed pant-less child attacked the glitter bottle. It's a good thing he's cute. (And even cuter when covered in sparkles!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Those are the cutest valentines ever and I love that you documented the entire process. You are awesome!
ReplyDeleteLOVE LOVE LOVE the GLITTER HEARTS made by first born and pant-less......save one for us.....love to hang it on our Christmas tree..........
ReplyDeleteYou are amazing to hand make all the valentines!! Oh MY WORD!!!!
ReplyDeleteWho needs pants anyway ... I'm with E-why!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the delivery of our very own salt and flour Valentines from the super boys.......... know Gigi and HowHow have theirs on the frig !! xoxo bella
ReplyDeleteI just hung up ours...so that Miles won't eat it. As for the plates... lets just say that you're a step ahead.
ReplyDelete