The second of the three parties took place on Halloween Eve Eve. The perfect time to have friends over ... celebrate Eli and carve pumpkins!
We started off with pumpkin shaped grilled cheese sandwiches, apple slices and a wide array of gluten free chips! Yum. I can tell you're jealous already!
Then we moved on ... to the world of candy necklaces.
And some of us got bored easily ... and found playing with the pretend puppy to be much more entertaining.
And then ... the highlight of the evening (or the part where my beloved friends were cursing my name under their breath) ... PUMPKIN CARVING! Who knew such hatred existed for such a festive tradition. Might I remind everyone that I had already scooped the guts out of all nine pumpkins ... and toughed out some strange skin disease I received from coming in contact with mounds of pumpkin innards.
But I get it ... sometimes it's hard to mix knives, small children and creativity. Next year, no pumpkins.
And then we had dessert. Well. Eli had a dairy-free/gluten free brownie with a tea light for a candle because his mother couldn't remember to grab some real candles at the store. He ate this ... while his friends and family ate delicious pumpkin pie with whipped cream. Seems a bit cruel now that I think about it.
But he soon forgot about his delicious dessert when it came to present time!
And then it was the traditional viewing of The Great Pumpkin Patch ...
I should have just put this on from the get go.
They were rolling on the floor with laughter.
And yes ... AEB is wearing a recycled outfit from her brothers ... but at least she was dressed. I'm lucky if I get her out of her jammies on most days.
And Abby ... thanks for leaving my kitchen SPOTLESS. You rock!
We started off with pumpkin shaped grilled cheese sandwiches, apple slices and a wide array of gluten free chips! Yum. I can tell you're jealous already!
Then we moved on ... to the world of candy necklaces.
And some of us got bored easily ... and found playing with the pretend puppy to be much more entertaining.
And then ... the highlight of the evening (or the part where my beloved friends were cursing my name under their breath) ... PUMPKIN CARVING! Who knew such hatred existed for such a festive tradition. Might I remind everyone that I had already scooped the guts out of all nine pumpkins ... and toughed out some strange skin disease I received from coming in contact with mounds of pumpkin innards.
But I get it ... sometimes it's hard to mix knives, small children and creativity. Next year, no pumpkins.
And then we had dessert. Well. Eli had a dairy-free/gluten free brownie with a tea light for a candle because his mother couldn't remember to grab some real candles at the store. He ate this ... while his friends and family ate delicious pumpkin pie with whipped cream. Seems a bit cruel now that I think about it.
But he soon forgot about his delicious dessert when it came to present time!
And then it was the traditional viewing of The Great Pumpkin Patch ...
I should have just put this on from the get go.
They were rolling on the floor with laughter.
And yes ... AEB is wearing a recycled outfit from her brothers ... but at least she was dressed. I'm lucky if I get her out of her jammies on most days.And Abby ... thanks for leaving my kitchen SPOTLESS. You rock!
It was worth it, for both the pleasing pumpkins we carted home and the much needed therapy. It's the only thing I've punched so far...
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday, Ewhy. Who needs gluten?
So fun! You seriously had already scooped out 9 sets of pumpkin guts? Will you come do ours next year? ;) Happy Birthday to Eli!
ReplyDelete