We tried to leave at the crack of dawn. That sort of happened ... but with each child ... we seem to add an additional hour of travel time when we road trip it to CA. And how we always manage to spend at least an hour at the Costco in Palm Springs ... never ceases to amaze me.
The boys were looking forward to seeing Auntie Jenn and Uncle Bob's dog, Bodhi.
And even helped him out with a few tricks. (Or ... just fed him.)
Um ... so ... guess it's hard to deny those two are brothers!!
Cake and J How made a cake ... with jello. Who would have guessed it is Ben's favorite cake. How long have I known him? And he loves a cake with jello in it? I'll have to ponder that one for awhile.
The crew headed off to Christmas Eve service and I happened to run into one of my college roommates and her family ...
And of course ... the obligatory Christmas "in front of the tree" shot ... in all plaid. Sigh.
And the family fireplace shot. Anyone else loving the middle child's faces??
Ben's parents and the kids ... (the glory of the red plaid has worn off on Eli at this point and he is DYING to put something on that has blue. SOLID BLUE. And no buttons.)
Sweet ... teething ... drooling AEB. And my first attempt at a fabric flower thing.
The boys sang Happy Birthday to Jesus ... after How wowed us with a fabulous rendition of "Oh Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree, How Lovely Are Thy Branches."
And then ... onto my favorite tradition with this side of the crew. The wrapping contest. I won last year. I had my brother in law and created a "Green North Pole" ... complete with a bamboo Christmas tree forest and a red-nosed free range chicken. This year ... Ben had his sister and gave her money to see Les Miserables. He took a pillow case and stuffed it with silverware (the good stuff ... that had to be polished later that night) and candelabras. And single dollar bills. Very creative ... but ...
It's hard to beat look alike dolls. I created Bob and Jenn. And I retained my seat as WRAPPING CHAMPION! I was also super impressed with my father-in-law ... who had me. He created a kissing ball (carved out the inside and hide a sweet Anthropologie necklace)!
Ahhh. And that was only Christmas Eve.
I love those sweet dollies!
ReplyDeleteThe plaid is fabulous.
I wish I was in your family. I love the idea! The dolls= awesome. I want to see the kissing ball your father in law made! Genius. Family is the best.
ReplyDeleteNext year Audrey Eliz must give up her plaid in favor of the dress YOU wore 30some Christmases ago. And I'm glad to be in your family (or vice versa) but am thrilled the wrapping contest is in your other family !
ReplyDeleteI for one love the plaid!! And the wrapping contest is very impressive! Oh...and I think you could make a living making personalized dolls! Seriously!
ReplyDeleteThose dolls are too cute!
ReplyDeleteAnd Eli is definitely looking '3'!