After we grabbed some coffee, we set out! First stop, our neighbor's house where we taste-tested some of Nick's fresh salsa! Loved it! Especially loved not having breakfast and having a salsa/coffee taste in my mouth. YUMMY! Thankfully, the Martin's let us borrow a semi-clean towel to use for Joshua ... the boy who might have set a new record for sneezing on our short journey.
As we continued down the street, Joshua used his super-grin and scored himself a yellow bear! We cruised on down to the end of the block and introduced ourselves to a new family. We weren't there for very long when I happened to mention that I was a bit hungry and we needed to go home and get breakfast. Libby (our new best friend), told us her family didn't eat the french toast she made and offered it to us! She wrapped it up on a groovy plate and gave us "real" syrup!
JACKPOT!
We took off down the street with our yummy breakfast and were the envy of all the neighbors! They were a bit jealous of our find!!

After breakfast, we went back around the neighborhood. We watched several of our neighbors get tortured by a personal trainer who has a boot camp in the park every Saturday, we found Joshua a really annoying Elmo button toy, we checked out the rec center and the heated pool, and we headed home! What a morning!
But just in case you think that I was kidding about our normal boring days of rearranging the Tupperware drawers ... here is Joshua enjoying some after naptime fun!
An Elmo toy? That's it? Well, I don't think Katie has ever scored free breakfast at a garage sale...
ReplyDeleteI have NOT scored breakfast at a garage sale and I'm having a little problem with jealousy! I want to live in Utipia. Why wasn't I notified of a neighborhood sale?! Are we not friends? Last question, does Libby gave a blog?!
ReplyDeleteDid you score free breakfast and then ask the lady to take your picture?!?
ReplyDelete