Monday, March 26, 2007

Look What Dad Taught Me!

When I have to work on a Monday, Ben takes care of Joshua. I'll usually call from work to check-in and Ben tells me how "Daddy/Buddy time" is going. Daddy/Buddy time most often consists of some NASCAR watching, a trek over to Joe's Farm Grill for a hamburger and watching a few episodes of The Backyardigans.

This past week, when I called home, Ben told me he had just fed Joshua Cheerios and milk and had even taught him how to drink the milk from the bottom of the bowl! FANTASTIC! I admit, I was a little impressed at the time since I have yet to master that talent without half of the milk landing on my shirt. But ... who knew the fun that awaited us at dinnertime!

For dinner, I gave Joshua some fancy rice and meat meal and after a few minutes of eating that delicious spread, Joshua decided to bust out his new talent. First, he picked up the bowl and tried to feed himself by dumping the contents onto his head. NICE! Then, once most of the meal was recovered and scooped back into the bowl, he decided to put his sippy cup inside the bowl of rice and attempted to drink his juice. My favorite part was not the incredible display of talent but that he got so super frustrated when the drink lid twisted and he couldn't get anything out. And that he never once took the cup of out the bowl to drink ... he just put the whole thing down ... moved the top of the cup and gave it another go!






1 comment:

  1. What a look he's giving you. Ah, the things Daddies teach their sons...

    ReplyDelete