So ... I figured it's time to get with the times. BUST out the real undies. All day ... all the time. All was going well until yesterday afternoon. Joshua waddles over to me and says, "I went potty." Normally ... this means he went a little and we can still make it to the bathroom before anything gets soaked. But his waddling made me look up. I glanced in the direction of the fridge ... to see a LAKE. Not a puddle ... an all out LAKE.
In my mostly calm voice, I tried to explain that he can stop the flow. (At least I'm assuming that's how the plumbing works??) WE GO POTTY ON THE TOILET. Not in our pants. Not on the floor. Okay?
He looked right back and me and said, "Mom. Stop for a minute and take a deep breath."
I love him. Lake and all.
ReplyDeleteThat is sooo funny. It sounds like he learned well from Mom. The "stop for a minute and take a deep breath" is my favorite!
ReplyDeleteWhat sass and pizazz we've got! Like, it's not the end of the world if there happens to be a mellow yellow lake in the kitchen, right?? Come on, Mom! hahahaha...
ReplyDeleteRachel
Um, can I tell you what you are in for when he grows up? Seriously, J. How has spunk. I love it!
ReplyDeleteSeriously, Carrie, can you make a cuter kid? Don't you love those toddler one-liners!? Too precious. You should write them in a book somewhere cuz he has some great ones!
ReplyDelete