Friday, August 3, 2007

Going Backwards?

First ... the fat lip. After leaving New Mexico, (where we stayed the night after leaving CO), Ben and I were DREAMING of where we would eat lunch. Even as a pregnant woman, my dream did not even catch a glimpse of McDonald's. I was thinking much more along the lines of In and Out or Carl's Junior ... even Taco Bell ... but McDonald's? (Mind you ... this would be the third meal consumed at McD's in only 13 days ... which is by all standards ... GROSS!) However, no matter what my meal eating dreams included ... Holbrook, Arizona (or were we in Winslow?) does not lend itself towards finer dining. Our choices ... a meal with the King or the Golden Arches. The Golden Arches won.

Onto the fat lip ... to summarize ... a parenting mishap. See if this equation adds up ... hungry mother, high chair, giving my order to a hungry husband, forgetting to buckle in my hungry child, adding one more item to my order, turning back to see my hungry child now standing in the high chair, watching my husband say SIT DOWN and less than a milli-second later ... watching J. How's face plow into the table. Screaming, bleeding ... a TOTALLY enjoyable experience. Yes, for a moment, we became "one of those families" who let their children do crazy things . .. you know ... the ones we all stare at and say ... "I'd never let my kid do that!" Yes, in Holbrook, Arizona, I officially became ONE OF THOSE PARENTS. Hopefully, it was just the remains of the thin Colorado air in my system and I won't dare let such a thing happen now that I'm operating with my full oxygen capabilities! (One can always hope, right?)




And if you think it's a long drive from Albuquerque to Gilbert ... it gets even more fun with a sad, hungry, BORED child! We were SO happy to finally get home!

2 comments:

  1. Carrie if that's your first "brain f*rt) since becoming a Mommy you are so fortunate :) Happy Belated 30!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee. I'm just giggling at Kers' comment.

    I'm tellin' ya - I hear DVD players are the key to long trips. I can't say that from experience however - we just endured a scream fest on the way to Prescott courtesy of some really mean rain.

    ReplyDelete