Well. Sort of.
I'm not sure you can ever be totally ready for a new addition to the family. You register. Nest. Do endless loads of laundry. Try to convince your children that you're not naming their sister after a red, animated car.
I have moments of readiness. Moments when I anticipate holding our newest baby in my arms. Moments of dreaming about her eyes and her nose and how she'll fit into our active ... ahem ... NOISE-FILLED home of boys. And then there are those other moments. When I sleep until 7am and realize ... a new reality is about to dawn (and I'll be seeing a much earlier time on the clock!) Or that showers might soon become a thing of the past (at least showers before 2pm). I've been down this road before which means there are things I am eager to experience and things that I would rather not do again. But in no more than 16 days ... change will be upon us! And I will be forced to embrace the phrase I anticipate being very applicable for the next season of life ... READY OR NOT ... HERE I COME!
One thing that is ready ...
I'm not sure you can ever be totally ready for a new addition to the family. You register. Nest. Do endless loads of laundry. Try to convince your children that you're not naming their sister after a red, animated car.
I have moments of readiness. Moments when I anticipate holding our newest baby in my arms. Moments of dreaming about her eyes and her nose and how she'll fit into our active ... ahem ... NOISE-FILLED home of boys. And then there are those other moments. When I sleep until 7am and realize ... a new reality is about to dawn (and I'll be seeing a much earlier time on the clock!) Or that showers might soon become a thing of the past (at least showers before 2pm). I've been down this road before which means there are things I am eager to experience and things that I would rather not do again. But in no more than 16 days ... change will be upon us! And I will be forced to embrace the phrase I anticipate being very applicable for the next season of life ... READY OR NOT ... HERE I COME!
One thing that is ready ...
And non-traditional color combinations.Bold simplicity.
I wanted to mix the old with the new.
And I was beyond excited when I pulled out the quilt my mom and I had made for our Gracie Anne ... a quilt I had dreamed of hanging in a nursery if we were ever blessed with another girl ... to be the perfect match. Even down to the crazy greens!
So ... we're ready. At least her room is. And here's to hoping that she likes crazy color combinations and birds!
So ... we're ready. At least her room is. And here's to hoping that she likes crazy color combinations and birds!
ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL......she is going to LOVE IT....and how blessed she will be to have such an INCREDIBLE CREATIVE MOM!!!! I love the GREEN!! and I am not even a green person.....GREAT JOB Mom & Dad!!!!
ReplyDeleteLove to read what you write..... love the pictures.... love being able to work with you do get some of these projects in their current practically perfect state... love that that there aren't any MORE projects... yet! love you.... bella
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful room to bring your baby girl home to! You did a wonderful job. Make sure to just take some time and sit in it, enjoy the quiet, before the craziness begins. I'm so thankful the Lord has blessed you with your baby girl.
ReplyDelete"I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted what I asked of Him…" 1 Samuel 1:27
Carrie, the room is absolutely beautiful. You did a wonderful job and baby girl will love it!! I really do think you should go into interior design b/c you are fabulous!!!
ReplyDeleteIt's gorgeous! I have quilt envy.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful and perfect. I am praying for you as you get ready to welcome your new daughter. So excited and thankful to God for her life.
ReplyDeleteI love this post....I can't wait to read the one about welcoming her home to her beautiful nursery that you have designed.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe how lovely it all is. It's so perfect. Good job, Carrie!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful. Love it all. Excited for you!!!
ReplyDeleteYeah! The little lady's room is adorable. I love the counting bird hangings and the cloth birds you made!
ReplyDeleteWords can't express how happy I am that the Lord has blessed you with a little lady.
I love you!
Ahh..so beautiful!
ReplyDelete